I hope everyone had a wonderful Labor day weekend, we sure did. Grandma Alltop visited us from Ohio, and we had a great time hanging out with family. This morning I woke up and wanted so bad to clean the house but just didn't have the energy to even mention it. I haven't cleaned my house since Avery's accident and I have honestly LOST all desire to do any sort of cleaning. Some good friends had come over a few times these past few months to help with the cleaning but I still hadn't lifted my finger to take care of my home. My toilets were a mess, my kitchen floor had a nice sticky film over it and there were numerous chips crunched into the carpet. But, Rob asked this morning - "Jeanie, what should we do today?" and I said...."Well, we could clean, but I am not really in the...." and before I could finish my sentence Rob had all of the cleaning supplies sitting out and he was ready. He cleaned all of my bathrooms, and all of my tile, while I concentrated on the basement bedrooms, etc. And by the end of the day our house was CLEAN, CLEAN, CLEAN. What a relief, it actually felt good doing it too. That doesn't mean I am back to my normal routine, but it did feel good to do it. While Austin was napping Tate decided he wanted to help dad clean too, she here he is helping wash down the front entry. I am starting school with the boys tomorrow, wish me luck...it should be an adventure!!
Monday, September 1, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



4 comments:
Good job, Rob!! :-)
I am praying for you and know that homeschooling will go great for you!! The boys are going to love having you for their teacher!! They are VERY lucky!!
Love you!!
I will check in with you later to see how school went! Today is our first day also. So far so good for the day!! I am praying for you to love schooling your boys. You teach them life everyday, you will do great!!! Enjoy the time!!love ya girl
oh, and tell Rob that my cleaning days are Friday mornings if he is feeling up to it!!
Wow, does he hire out? I doubt I could ever get a picture of my husband on his hands & knees scrubbing anything!!
You are going to do great in school - remember you don't have to go it alone!!
Yesterday was 3 months and I have not cleaned my house yet. I think about you and little Avery a lot. I think of all the fun she is having with Sydney. It brought back a lot of memories reading about Avery in the PICU. I too was touched and amazed by the love and compassion from the nurses there. The only thing they could find to dress her in was a t-shirt, but I combed her hair and painted her nails with the nurses at my side. My doctor's were also incredible, taking care of me from the PICU. My nurses came up and took care of me so I could stay with her. I hope you have a blessed day and can't wait to hear about your homeschooling. God Bless!
Post a Comment