Saturday, September 20, 2008

Apples, apples and more apples....

Boy did we have a fun filled day today...my parents came out for the day. Tate and Austin went to a birthday party for a few hours, and after I dropped them off at the party I took off for the apple tree (we discovered on our land) and started picking apples with my parents. My mom had this small ladder but I decided we needed to get the GOOD apples from the top of the tree so I grabbed on as hard as I could and swung my legs around the branches and started climbing the tree. Within an hour we had picked a lot of apples. My mom ended up making homemade applesauce for the boys and I ran over to a friends house to observe how she and her mother-in-law made apple bars, by far my most favorite fall treat!!
Rob was mowing and he also found a snake in the yard, so we have more pictures of the cute little snake the boys "caught"...it was our pet until Austin transferred it to a shallow bucket and it crawled out...so it is lingering somewhere in our garage...shhh don't tell Lisa!!


We ended the night with a ride to the land again to look at the stars, and then a few jumps on the trampoline....what a FUN day!! THANKS for coming out Grandma and Grandpa...we had a great time!!

4 comments:

Lisa said...

I wish that I would have read your post before we came over tonight. I am glad that I didn't see the snake!!! The apples are yummy!!! I love the picture of the boys and the apples. Keep me posted on the snake.
love ya

The Isbells said...

Apple bars eh? Share recipes? :P

Prachar family said...

I want the apple bar recipe too! We have apple envy here since they are almost $2/pound for the usually cheap styles like granny smith and red delicious (misnamed if you ask me, should be red mush, not much taste!). Your apples look great!
Travis

The Grady Five said...

Wow - that is A LOT more apples than we got on Friday!! They look great!!