Monday, September 8, 2008

Rob amazes me daily


I have to say a few words about Rob...he still continues to amaze me on a daily basis and I remind myself how lucky I am to have him as my husband. I must say though, through all of our struggles, (and we have had our share of struggles this year) he continues to cling to his faith and is confident that our foundation is built on a rock. He is not only the leader of this house he is one of the most honest people you will ever meet (in this dishonest world) and truly my better half. I am so spoiled to have someone who continues to treat me like a queen on a daily basis. He was talking to a friend of his yesterday about if we were married to the person we had the most in common with, Rob and I wouldn't have lasted for a day. We are polar opposites, but I still ALWAYS get my way...

What I have loved lately, is when I turn to him with tears in my eyes and he just sees grief written all over my face -and he says, "Jeanie keep reminding yourself of the passage, ...With the Lord a single day is like a thousand years, and a thousand years are like a single day." When we get to see Avery, it will seem like a single day to her.....not months or years, just ONE day.

So, I was tucking the boys in bed last night and our devotional was how God gives us many wonderful gifts. For example: our friends, our family and he also give us his Son, Jesus, which is the most perfect gift of all. When we prayed we thanked God for all of his wonderful gifts including his Son, Jesus....and as I crawled in bed last night I thought to myself...Thank you God for your Son, Jesus, who died on the cross for my sins. And thank you God for giving me Rob. God knew I needed someone to spoil me, and make me laugh, to hold me tight and be my better half...He knew I didn't need someone who I have everything in common with, (he gave me friends for that), God knew I needed Rob and I am so BLESSED!!

4 comments:

The Grady Five said...

Jeanie,
You are SO blessed to have eachother!!
You are an amazing couple and wonderful friends that we are blessed to have in our lives!!
Thanks for all you are to Jeanie, Rob!!
Love you guys!!

Lisa said...

Oh, God never ceases to amaze me!! He knew exactly who both of you needed, on earth, to be complete. Your marriage and comfort in Him, has only strengthened and never waivered!!!
Lincoln and I are truly blessed to have you as friends and so are many others
love ya

Marner Family said...

What a blessing it is to read your post! God is so AWESOME in ways I cannot understand. Thanks for the beautiful words. Take care! -beryl

The Richards' said...

Jeanie,
What a great picture of you and Rob...reminds of the one I took when you went to the first wedding back in Chicago with him. The smiles are still the same and you can just see the amount of love you guys have for eachother. It is so good to see you both smiling, especially after I read the post above. What a great reminder of how our heavenly father can provide comfort!
Love to you both!!!