Well, it has taken me a while to collect my thoughts and find the correct words for this post. I must say something caused me to walk to the mailbox last Thursday to see what was there...most days Rob grabs the mail as he comes home from work. The cards and notes of encouragement are fewer now, but it is still so comforting to hear from people.
So, I opened this one card..it was a very nice sympathy card, but the signature is what blew me away...it was from the woman who hit Avery...my heart jumped with excitement that she had contacted us and it also sank with sadness as I walked those very same steps back up the driveway that I carried my little Avery just months earlier....the tears rolled as I could picture this woman's eyes in her rear view mirror in total shock and horror, as I yelled STOP!!
Her letter was sweet...she is healing and healing in her own way. She has planted a garden and dedicated it to Avery, it is full of flowers that reminds her of Avery (so close to the word "aviary" which means sunshine). She is reassured that Avery is in Heaven watching over all of us as we continue on with our days.
We think and pray for this women so often...she was there for a reason, God knows why she was there, I don't have those answers. She will forever be a part of our lives and I hope to see her again to be able to build a friendship. I also pray that we see her in Heaven someday too.
Again I am taken back to what Steven Curtis Chapman said about his daughter Maria Sue. He said that God knew how many days she would be here on earth and so he jammed as much happiness and joy into the days as he could so her life would have been used to the fullest...and how true that was with our Avery too...she often had a way of lighting up the room as she entered (just like sunshine), she babbled to anyone who would listen, always followed you around the room-just because, turned around and backed up as she would approach your lap, shrugged her shoulder to only a few and had this amazing giggle....
Tonight I pray that God continues to heal our hearts, and rejoice in knowing Avery is perfect now.
Love, Jeanie
Thursday, September 4, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



5 comments:
I am so glad you guys heard from her!! We can just continue to pray for her!!
What a sweet little girl Avery was!! She will forever be missed!!
We are praying for you guys and love you all very much!!
I am so glad that she contacted you. I am so thankful she felt comfortable in contacting you! You have always, from that afternoon forgiven her and asked for prayers for her. This letter to you shows that she feels forgiven. She is in our prayers.
You are an amazing sister in christ!! You are precious to me as your family is to us, too. We loved little Avery, as did so many, and we will always cherish her memories that we have!!! love ya
I have no words to say, only that my heart hurts for you tonight and rejoices at the same time..Avery is perfect and dancing & waiting..
Its been amazing to watch your faith grow and inspire others. Praise God for His Son who will make all the pain go away soon...come Lord Jesus, come soon!
We continue to pray for all of you. Our prayers will include this lady too. Little Avery is loved by so many. Thinking of you.
Post a Comment