Thursday, September 11, 2008

As simple as a shower

Who would have thought a simple shower would cause me so much grief? There are many things that are still vivid in my mind following the days of Avery's accident but something I remember often (since I shower everyday) is when I was standing in the shower on the morning of Avery's funeral and I was crying, it felt like my tears were the shower...seems odd I know but I remember thinking that...this morning was no different. 101.9 was recapping some of the events that were first heard as 9/11 unfolded (7 years ago) and all I could do was cry. How are all of those people doing, who lost loved ones, 7 years after their lives changed forever....they didn't volunteer to be a member of this club, none the less, they became members. We had some good friends/mentors from church over tonight, they made us a yummy dinner. They lost their son 10 years ago, and they to, became members of a club no one ever wants membership too.

I pray tonight for all of those people that were so closely involved in 9/11 and lost not one but maybe two, three or more loved ones and to anyone else who is struggling right now over a loss of a loved one.....God knows your pain and knows it is real. None of us wanted to become members of this club, and yet when I meet someone who is also a member I can breathe a sigh of relief...because only they know what I am going through and where I have been...

Come to me, all you who are weary and burdened, and I will give you rest. - Matthew 11:28

3 comments:

Lisa said...

Oh, Jeanie, my heart was heavy and filled with prayer for those yesterday! Do you remember the gal from the bead store, Teddie? 9/11, 7 years ago,was the day she joined the club. I love ya girl and I am glad that you had a great visit last night.

Prachar family said...

Showering in my tears for you here. Shed lots of them on 9/11 too. I pray it doesn't hurt so much after 7 years...
Travis

Football and Fried Rice said...

Loving on you & covering you in prayer...praying you know you are never walking alone.