Thursday, February 19, 2009

Finally, an update!!

It is 9:30 and after getting the kids to bed, folding some laundry, and cleaning up the kitchen from our late dinner I decided tonight I needed to update my blog so everyone knows how we are doing.

Where do I begin....

It all started last Thursday morning when Rob woke up at 6:30 AM (which is VERY out of the norm for us) and said, "Tonight Jeanie, we are going to sleep in our new home!!"

I said, "Yeah - ok - bye, bye - I am still sleeping."

As most of you know Rob always stands true to his word, and by 11:30 PM the boys were snuggled in their new bedroom, bunk beds set up and all. And Rob and I actually crawled into our own bed too in our new HOME!!

What a day....I think it made perfect sense to do most of it in one day, so we weren't dragging things out over a longer period of time. He never gives me time to dwell, and I admire him for that....if I dwell I usually end up in a heep of tears feeling sorry for myself.

I think it also had something to do with the conversation we had the night before when I reminded him that Austin was born 2 1/2 weeks early and Avery was 10 days early...and we were approaching those days faster then expected!!

(**As a side note, I predict this baby will arrive anywhere between March 1 - March 9**)

Anyway, the move went really well and I THANK everyone who helped us pack up our old home and also moved us to our new home. I was expecting to move over the weekend, but by Saturday I was already getting settled in and doing what I love to do most...ORGANIZE!!

So - for all of you who would like to see our newest location (and hopefully the last location for a long time) please stop out and take a peak. You can go for a long walk to the mailbox, watch wild life from our living room or run across the road and check our neighbors chickens for eggs.

I will post more pictures soon....good night, and sleep tight!!

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

Oh, I am so glad you are in the new place and getting settled! I am trying not to be jealous of all the fun organizing you are doing. I have a few projects to tackle myself, my recipes and Alayna's hair pretties. Maybe tonight! Even better, why don't I run over there and help you with a few projects and you can come here and help me with mine! Oh, now I am really dreaming!

I pray your prediction is right about this baby being early. I would be BESIDE myself if I got to actually meet the sweet one when I was there!!! See you soon! Can't wait for pictures of your new place!

erinannepro said...

Jeanie, So glad that you guys got into your new house. Been thinking about you and can't wait to hear when this baby arrives!:) Talk to you soon.

Lisa said...

I am so excited that you are in your new, beautiful home!!! I can't wait to paint that baby room!! I can't believe that you were totally unpacked in 3 days, you are a mover even pregnant.
love ya