Friday, November 7, 2008

A fun evening with friends....

I was honored to host a little gathering for our dear friend Travis Prachar, who recently relocated to Florida with her husband and four children. They packed up and left all they had here in Iowa to join the many devoted people of Christ in the mission field.
Her blog is http://www.pracharfamily.blogspot.com/ if you want to read more about their daily duties in Florida.

Even though the weather was yucky on Friday evening, the room was filled with the aroma of many appetizers, desserts, and apple cider (just to name a few). The constant chatter, much laughter, and just being with Travis warmed all of our hearts. Marcie was able to track down Travis's favorite scent from Bath and Body Works (which many of us are holding in the picture), this scent has since been discontinued but nothing Marcie couldn't find on the internet. We also celebrated Natasha and Jenny's birthday!!
Travis, we love you and miss you already, our time was short...but SO very enjoyable!!

3 comments:

Prachar family said...

The time was so short but so sweet! I can't thank you enough for opening your home and all the workt that went into that. What a special memory, it will keep me going another month!
Love you
Travis

Anonymous said...

I'm ready to do it again! It was so much fun. Thanks Jeanie for opening up your home. Oh and thank you for letting me hide out in your bedroom (with the door closed) as I prepared Travis' basket with various ladies. I felt like a spy!

Cami said...

I'm so bummed I miss this get together with Travis. I was hoping to go but my night vision for driving has become so bad. I tried to find someone to ride out there with but had no luck. I could have really used a girls night out too!!! I'm hoping next time I will plan in advance. :o)