Sunday, November 2, 2008

All Saints Day...

I received this e-mail from Kathy Bostrom (the author of "What about Heaven?") a few days ago and was so honored that she would do this in memory of Avery...I know Avery will be smiling when she hears her name being read...we love you Avery!!


Every year on the first Sunday in November, we read aloud the names of all those who have died during the past year, as part of our All Saints Day service. When the name is read, the family and friends of the person stands, and a candle is lit. I hope you don't mind that I put Avery on our list, as "friend of Kathy Bostrom." I wanted to acknowledge both her life on earth, and her new life in the kingdom of God. I will think of you when her name is read.

3 comments:

The Grady Five said...

I love it!! How very special of her to do that!!

Prachar family said...

Wow, that was so thoughtful. Love it!
Travis

Lisa said...

That is so great!!! Your little Avery will never be forgotten!!! love ya