I have been getting so many e-mails wondering how Rob is doing...as far as we know everything has returned negative - thank God!! Hep B, mono, west nile and lyme disease. He told me today that the last two days have been the best he has had in two weeks...so he seems to be recovering...slower than we would like, but recovering no less.
Also, thanks for all of the e-mails, prayers and phone calls in regard to Avery's birthday tomorrow...it has approached faster then we expected but I can only do what I do every morning, and that is to thank God for giving me this day and also ask Him to help me get through it.
A good friend recently told me that when we are weak, God is strong and I truly believe this...I can honestly look back at the last few months and wonder how I ever even got out of bed. God gives me the strength to get out of bed, take care of my kids, help my husband with paperwork, and continue to function in a (some what) normal manner.
I know God will give me that same strength tomorrow too.
We were in Chicago this past weekend and I was chatting with my mother-in-law and she said, "Jeanie, thank God that we had her for as long as we did." I was reminded of all the fun we had with her...her laughs, her smiles, her babbling, her goofy remarks, her shoulder shrugs, and her cute little looks. I know there are thousands of children in this world that live way past the age of 21 months that probably haven't laughed half as much as she did.
Our precious Avery is missed more than anyone can imagine, but the God that loves you and me, also LOVES our Avery too and He gets to spend eternity with her....I can't wait to join them .
Love, Jeanie




9 comments:
Glad to hear Rob is recovering! Our family will be listening to 101.9 today remembering Avery's birthday.
Anyone can listen at this link: http://knws.nwc.edu/page.php?id=7&cid=5
May God bless your family.
Doug, Marla, Tim and Amy Long
Praying for you guys today. We love you and are going to listen to 101.9 today as long as we have electricity! Glad to hear Rob is getting better.
Hugs,
Prachars
So grateful for this blog! Not a day goes by that I don't think about you and say a prayer for your strength..and am inspired BY your strenght at the same time, especially today.
Praise God that Rob is recovering. Thinking & praying for you today, Jeanie!
Love,
Sara
I'm praying for you today, Jeanie. God is giving you amazing strength.
Praying for your entire family today. Your blog is looking great!
I know Avery and Sydney are having a fun party today! There is such comfort in knowing that they are in such a perfect place with angels watching over them. May you be surrounded by love and prayers during this special day. I am thinking about you, don't hesitate to call me anytime.
God Bless,
Christina Blanton
Praying for you today and every day!
Jeanie,
I thank you for this evening. Everyone had such a great time! Sterling said that during the balloon release Tate said, "Wow, Avery is sure getting a lot of balloons today!" I love how he speaks of her freely. Your family is amazing! May we praise God for his comfort and strength that he is surrounding you with!
love ya
lisa
Post a Comment