Wednesday, August 27, 2008

My due date has been determined....

Well, I have no pictures to post, I will try and do a scan of the ultrasound later...so I had my first doctors appointment and my due date is MARCH 19, 2009.

A lot sooner than we expected, but heck we had no idea...so March it is. I have a friend that celebrates her birthday on March 22nd but I will reassure her (and everyone else reading this) that I will not go ONE day past my due date.

My doctor said today, "You know Jeanie - you grow big babies, I promise we won't let you get to your due date." and trust me I will hold her to it...I have a good friend that is "on-call" as my labor and delivery nurse and she knows how I get as my due date approaches. Just ask Rob how I am....(or don't - everyone doesn't need to know the "monster" side of me!!)

My doctor and I had the opportunity to chat a bit about Avery today. It was good to see her and touch base, she was with me briefly the day of Avery's accident and seeing her took me back to that day. But, you can't look back and think of the things you would have done differently...I could beat myself up over the details.

God doesn't want us to do that, and so I won't allow myself to - I will leave the unknowns to Him.

Steven Curtis Chapman was on Focus on the Family tonight for the last of his 3 part series on losing Maria Sue, and it was so awesome to hear someone else speak of the lose you feel when you lose a child and the hope you have in Christ.

He said him and Mary Beth know this has to be close to rock bottom (if not total rock bottom) and as they continue to wade through those tears they still have their lives to live as well as continue on with the lives of their other precious children. Rob and I miss Avery so much, but we love being surrounded by are two boys...Tate and Austin make us laugh like no one else can and I thank God we have them to share these days with.

Love, Jeanie

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Congratulations to all! How very exciting. I think of you often and keep you forever in my prayers. I especially thought of you this last week when I took Reaghan to her first day of Kindergarten. I came home and looked in her baby book and there you were pregnant with Tate. You looked absolutely glowing as I am sure you are with this new little one. As always. Take care love, Kim and Reaghan

Jill said...

Jeanie - You are am amazing person with an amazing family. We think of you often and can't wait to watch another little Kochan join the world.
Love Jill and family

Prachar family said...

YEAH!! How exciting! We couldn't be happier for your family. We continue to lift you all up in prayer daily.
Much love
Travis

Lisa said...

I still think that you should hang out until the 22nd, what's another couple of days!!! I am so excited to meet this new little Kochan!!
God has a plan for all, even though we cannot understand every moment. All we know is that he is always there to get us through those times!
love ya

Football and Fried Rice said...

A due date!!! Yay! Congratulations! I can't wait to witness this journey that your family is on. I saw your boys at Lisa's and they are so handsome! I can see how just being around them would ease your burden..

Vicki said...

Praise God for another blessing to your family! Can't wait to meet the new addition.

Anonymous said...

Evyn's due date was March 19, 2008 exactly one year earlier!! You will be happy to know that she came on the 16th though, not late at all, CONGRATULATIONS, we are excited for the new Kochan!!

Love, Jessie, Jason and Evyn