Thursday, October 9, 2008

If you want me to....

These lyrics below by Ginny Owens, explain my life at this moment in time, I copied them down and I am posting them so you all know what I am feeling right now. I changed my play list and this song is the only one I have posted right now. These words speak clearly to my heart and this is why I needed to share with everyone....

The pathway is broken

The signs are unclear

And I don't know the reason why

You brought me here

But just because You love me the way that You do

I'm gonna walk through the valley

If You want me to



No I'm not who I was

When I took my first step

And I'm clinging to the promise

You're not through with me yet

So if all of these trials bring me closer to you

Then I will walk through the fire

If You want me to



It may not be the way

I would have chosen

When you lead me through a world that's not my home

But You never said it would be easy

You only said I'd never go alone



So when the whole world turns against me

And I'm all by myself

And I can't hear You answer my cries for help

I'll remember the suffering that

Your love put You through

And I will walk through the darkness

If You want me to



Cuz when I cross over Jordan

Gonna sing, gonna shout,

Gonna look into Your eyes and see You never let me down

So take me on the pathway that leads me home to You

And I will walk though the valley If You want me to

Yes, I will walk through the valley

If You want me to

5 comments:

The Grady Five said...

Oh, Jeanie!! What mixed emotions that song brings!!
My hearts hurts for you so much and always will but at the same time, I rejoice in the fact that you are clinging to the hope that you can only find in your personal relationship with Christ!!
No that will never take away that you will forever miss Avery and wish that things weren't this way but it makes those dark, lonely days alittle more bearable!!
I love you!!

Prachar family said...

Oh, that I could take some of the pain away. But He is much more able, so I will follow your lead and allow Him to work through the valley, the darkness, and even the fire...
Love ya
Travis

Lisa said...

Sweetie, I don't even know what to say, the words are amazing! I love reading the words when hearing a song, God is so clear at that moment to me. Yes, you are not walking alone, He is with you and this is the path that He has chosen for you. No, you would not have chosen this path but he will shine a light on the path for you to see through. I can't imagine your pain, my heart aches for you now and always. Sweet Avery will always be remembered!!
I love you girl!!

Unknown said...

Jeanie,
That's a beautiful song--thank you for sharing it as well as your insight. Know that we think of you all often and continue to pray for peace and comfort. You are not alone.
Love,
Michelle

erinannepro said...

Jeanie, Know that I continue to pray for you each day and am so thankful that you are such a woman of faith, clinging to the hope that only God can provide. I have heard that song, but never "listened" so closely to the words. Thanks so much for sharing. We will always remember that sweet little angel. God be with you today, tomorrow and always. I love you, Erin